One of my friends got a cookie sheet calendar from her friend for Christmas. I saw it and immediately knew that I wanted to make one! They are just so cute!! It took a little bit of time, but it is really easy to make.
Here is how I made mine
1) I picked out the colors, I of course went with the colors of my living room. All of these papers are double sided, so I could have a large variety of designs
2) I used a 10 in x 15 in cookie sheet and sprayed painted it blue
3) I made the days of the week strip. I cut a strip 1/2in x 11 in and stamped the words on it (you could easily use your computer for this)
5) Out of the decorative paper, I cut out 35 or 36 squares 1 3/8in x 1 3/8in and then stamped numbers on them.
6) Using the same color that I used for the months, I cut several 1 3/8in x 1 3/8in for the holidays.
I did one for each one of our birthdays, Valentine's Day, Easter, St. Patricks Day, New Year's, Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, First Day of School, and 4th of July (I need to make one for anniversary....)
7) I put magnets on all of the pieces
8) I cut an envelope and put magnets on it for the back of the cookie sheet to hold the months and holidays
9) I inked all the edges and then put all of the pieces on the cookie sheet
10) My husband drilled holes (I'm not allowed to use the drill, I banned myself :D) and I put twine and ribbon on to put it on the wall
I had a couple of friends come over and make some with me, and this is the other one that I made. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Not quite sure why October is the month on there....
** I had an idea of making little magnets that say things like "Doctor" so that you can put them on the square to remind you of appointments, but I just haven't done it yet.