Way back in September I went to one of those vinyl lettering parties. I love the look of the last name in bold letters and then "families are forever" on top of it. So I went to party thinking I would finally get one, until I saw that it would cost $30!! Since then I've been planning on doing it by myself, either with paper or vinyl. Well I came across this idea and knew that I wanted to do it. I'm so glad that I waited to do it because it so is so much better than what it would have been if I had done it back in the fall like I was planning to.
This is how I made it:
Sorry for the pictures on all different floors, I like to do crafts on the floor for some reason and I happened to do this craft in three different rooms :).
1) I took a piece of word that was 4 1/2" x 2 1/2 feet and painted it brown
2) While I waited for the paint to dry, I cut 1 x1 inch squares out of various scrapbook paper
3) I then glued all the paper to the wood block
4) Using mod podge, I put the letters that I cut out of card stock onto the wood.
5) Once all the letters were on, I did a full layer of mod podge on everything
6) Using a staple gun, I stapled ribbon onto the wood
7) Then I hung it up over the family pictures in our living room, isn't it great? I love it :)If I would have gone through the vinyl company, I would have paid $30+ for this. I had all of the supplies on hand and the wood cost about $1.50, so much better and this has a lot more character than the vinyl would have!
I love this mosaic art, I have a feeling you will see more of this in the future :)
I'm linking this post to these parties