A couple of weeks ago something happened in my kitchen, I don't know what or who did it, but my super cute dry erase board that my mom gave me fell and broke. So I had planned on making something else, possibly a ribbon board and dry erase board combo. The problem, I really really really needed my board, that's where I put all of the weeks activities and I was forgetting what was happening, and I just wasn't motivated enough to tackle the big project that I was planning.
Well last Monday, you ladies came to the rescue and gave me the best idea. So after reading a couple of posts, I decided to make this. It is much easier to make than what I was planning. The best part, it was absolutely free! It just happened that that very day I found this cute frame on top of a hutch (not quite sure what it is for, so hopefully I won't get in trouble for using it :) ) and had left over fabric from my other decorations in the kitchen.
This is what I did:
It seriously only took 15 minutes, start to finish and that included ironing the fabric
1) Took a frame and covered the backing with fabric. I used a hot glue gun and glued the back
2) I used two pieces of fabric because it matched my other decor. I then added a piece of ribbon to the middle
3) I glued everything down, not too pretty in the back, but it doesn't matter what the back looks like :)
4) The front looks much better!!
5) Using a staple gun (who knew when we bought it that I would be using it for so many crafts) I stapled ribbon to the top. I always put in 3 or 4 per side, just to be safe
6) I added a couple of flowers to the frame and hung it up.
So simple and so wonderful! Now I won't forget everything and feel more organized. I put a couple of mounting squares on the sides to stabilize it a little more, it moved a bit when I wrote on it.
And it goes perfectly with this
And here is my inspiration, thank you so much ladies!!!