I have seen a lot of these little car roll ups around in blogland, so I had to try one. They are really easy and perfect for church!! I first saw the idea here.
1) I took two different fabrics and cut them both 14x14 inches
2) Then on the inner piece, I sewed a figure 8 (cut out of black felt) onto it
3) I then made the pocket by folding a piece of fabric 6x14 inches in half and then sewing it on. I then sewed lines to make the pockets, each about 2 1/4 inches apart
4) Once that was done, I put the two fabrics together (fronts facing each other)
5) I put the ribbon inside the two (don't put it on the outside, made that mistake!) and then sewed all along the edges, leaving a small hole at the top corner.
6) I then pulled the fabrics from the inside through the hole, to make it now right side out
7) I then sewed up the hole at the top corner and filled it with little cars
8) Roll it up and tie it together and it's prefect for travel!
Here's another one that I made with the same basic plan, just with different dimensions and using velcro instead of ribbon
I'm linking this post to these parties