So this is how you make them.
1) Take a pair of jeans. One pair will give you 2 aprons. The size that you wear will be the size that will fit you. For a 2 year old, use 2T and etc.
At the back pocket, cut off one leg.
2) Cut along the back of the pant leg to open it up. This will be the base of your apron.
3) Putting the two side together, cut out a "J" shape out of each side.
This is what it should look like. Sometimes I actually use the top of the leg (right under the pocket) for the bottom because it has a little but more flare.
4) Cut out the back pocket
5) Now for the fun, cute fabric. For mine, I used 4 2-2 1/2 x 45 inches strips. I used 3 strips for 2-4 year olds, 4 strips for 4 year and 5 strips for size 10 or larger.
6) Not to make the bias tape with the fabric. Iron one side about 1/4 inch, and then do the same for the other side
7) Now fold the tape in half and iron it
8) Now pin all the fabric all over the jeans. For the neck and the ties, I used two strips and the other two were used for the rest of the apron.
9) Sew the the fabric on. And you're done! Put it on and start cooking.
Trust me, it looks super cute on... just not on me.
You could use a pair of jeans that have a hole in the knee, you can just cover it with the pocket or a flower.
Here are few more that I have made.
These two are my favorite, I had a little 2T pair of brown pants. They look adorable on!!
Here are a few I made out of khakis
I had to make some tool aprons for my boys!
And lastly, here is the apron I made for myself.
I wash my hand a lot when I'm cooking. So I decided to make the pocket out of a dish towel so I can wipe my hands on it.
I love it and will now wear an apron when I cook!!