I made this ribbon board for my son's room. It was really easy and fun to make.
This is how I made it:
1) I used an old bulletin board
2) I took them apart and then painted the outside brown
3) Next I covered the cork board with fabric
4) Then I glued the sides down, making sure that they were pulled tight
This is how it looked with the fabric on, now to put on the ribbon
5) I measured the corners and then divided the length by 5 (who knew math would be involved)
6) I marked the sections with a push pin, this is where the ribbon will go
7) I glued the ribbon at the ends, pulling it tight when I glued it down
8) I continued gluing down the ribbon and then measured the other sides and put push pins where the other ribbon would go
9) I then glued the ribbon across the rest of the board
10) I then put buttons on push pins and then put them in between the overlapping ribbons
11) I put the cork board back into the frame
12) I put it on the wall and added some pictures, so cute!