A couple of years ago, I got this rocking chair at a garage sale.
So I redid it to make it look like this. Sadly, something spilled all over it and ruined the fabric so I had to do it again.
So this time, I decided to have stripes :)
This is how I made it:
1) I took the top part and laid it on my fabric. I actually used a shower curtain, I needed something that was water resistant and thick.
2) I then traced around it and cut around it, leaving about 2 inches. I did that twice
3) I sewed the two together, leaving the bottom open. I used a zig zag for strength.
4) I put the top cushion in and then sewing up the bottom
5) I did the same steps for the bottom cushion, but instead of leaving the back open, I left the front open
6) I wanted to used the existing ribbon in the front, so I hand sewed the front.
7) I then hand sewed some buttons onto it.
Now it's ready to be used on my back porch! :)