So this is the before
And here is the after
So what I did was took the old car seat cover and just put fabric over it. I pinned it down and then sewed the new fabric onto it. The cover is padded, so I didn't want to replace it.
This was actually one of the hardest parts to do.... I wanted something waterproof so I put vinyl over my fabric. I soon learned that the sewing machine doesn't like vinyl and it sticks easily.
For the canopy, I took the old canopy, cut it up and used it for a pattern. The tricky parts were here for sure. I had to sew the green fabric on the bars and trying to figure that out with the machine was interesting.
I love the outcome though, it just looks so clean and new!!
My little boy was just as excited as me, he jumped right in :)