Fall has been here for a couple of weeks, but in Kansas we are finally getting the cooler weather! I'm so glad because being 8 months pregnant in 90+ weather is not fun!!!
So here is another part of my fall decoration I have in on my piano.
I switch the blocks and what is inside the hurricanes each season
(I already have a plan involving a snowman in the vase for winter :D).
I made the hurricanes using this tutorial.
Instead of using a candle stick for the bottom, I actually used a sundae dish and turned it upside down.
This is how I made the candles in the middle.
1) I took the long glass candles. Mine had some paper on it already, so I had to take that off.
2) Using some cute fall fabric, I hemmed the edges and cut it to the appropriate size
3) I put a layer of mod podge directly on the glass and wrapped the fabric around the candle
4) I then put another layer of mod podge over the fabric
5) I then tied a ribbon it for some color. I actually glued it on so I wouldn't have to keep trying it over and over again
6) I added some rocks into the bottom of the vase and then put the candle in.