So I am absolutely loving this repurposing and refashioning clothes!! It's so fun to do and it really cheap too! I LOVE it! I just go to garage sales, pick things up for $.25 or $.50 and then go crazy. Here is my latest creation, I made these fun flowers for the collar of this shirt!
This is how I made it
1) I took this dress/shirt. I'm not a big fan of the long shirts that you wear leggings under, so I just made it a shirt
2) I cut off about 5 inches off the bottom. This is what I used for the flowers
3) I then cut the fabric into circles. I had 5 big, 5 medium and 5 small ones
4) Using a zig zag stitch with the length on a low setting, I sewed around the circles. I got this idea here
5) I did that for all the circles, this is what it looked like with the three together
6) I added a little button (a way to stitch it onto the shirt) and then hand stitched the flowers onto the shirt. I started in the middle and worked my way out
7) I sewed all five flowers on and it's done!
Here it is on, I love the look of the flowers!
I love this idea so much, that I made some little clips and headbands for my baby (hopefuly, fingers crossed)
I found that the flowers look better when you used a stretchy fabric compared to cotton. The dark pink was made out stretch pants and the link pink was made out of an onesies.