This post contains affiliate links.
With Christmas coming up, I thought that this would be a perfect gift, a personalized casserole dish. Everyone goes to some kind of potluck dinner and we all have had problems of getting our dishes back. So here is a way to personalize it so you don't have that problem anymore!
I actually made this for my mom. She already has everything that she wants and has no more room for pictures or decorations in her house, so I thought that this would be a very practical gift for her!
This is what you'll need
- glass casserole dish (any size)
-contact paper (or vinyl)
This is how I made it
1) I used my Cricut to cut out the letters on a 6x12 inch piece of contact paper. You can also use a craft knife to cut out your letters. Make sure that you cut your letter in the side that says contact paper.
This is what it looks like once the letters are cut out.
2) Place your contact paper on the casserole dish, without taking off the backing.
This is for you to kinda see where you want to place the paper. I would even maybe tape a piece of tape to make where you want the paper to begin. I didn't do that and mine it is a little off center
3) Now start to take off the back of the contact paper.
I took off a little bit and then pressed it onto the casserole dish. I slowly continued to take it off while pushing the paper down.
4) Make sure to get all of the air bubbles out, especially around the edges of the letters. If you have letters that have holes, make sure to add those also.
5) Using your glass etching cream and sponge brush, apply it onto the contact paper. Make sure to wear gloves.
You will want to put a generous amount on there. Start by going up and down and then from side to side.
6) Allow to sit on there for 5 minutes.
-Here's a tip, when it's done sitting you can put the excess cream back into the bottle and use it again
7) Rinse the cream off with tap water and peel off contact paper
Like what you see? Then follow along!