It is summer time, so that means that it is also wedding time!!! Last weekend I went to a wedding and had to come up with an easy idea to make. This one took me about 10 minutes and cost $5, so it was just prefect!
This is how I made it:
1) I cut out the letters using my Silhouette SD. I do a few "tricks" to get the most out of my vinyl and money. The letters measured to be 15" long and instead of using 15" of vinyl, I separated the word into "john" and "son" and only used about 8". And other trick I used, was clear contract paper instead of transfer paper. Did you know that a roll of contract paper is only about $6 too, much cheaper!
2) To use the contract paper, I cut out a piece that was 4"x8" and then placed it onto my clothes a couple of times. It's a little too sticky if you don't.
3) I then placed the contract paper onto the John piece and rubbed with a stick
4) I lined up the vinyl onto the glass of the frame
5) I did the same thing for the son. The best part about the clear contract paper, I know exactly where I am putting the vinyl!
6) I did the same thing for the est. 2011 and in 10 minutes, I had a personalized wedding gift!
I used my Expressions Vinyl in colors: purple and silver! It matched perfectly to their wedding colors!