Yup, another turtleneck refashion. I hope that you're not sick of them because I have had fun with them! Never again will I look at a turtleneck with disgust. Instead I will see the potential in it! With this one, I made a shirt for me and my daughter!
This is how I made it:
1) I took my turtleneck
2) Then I cut off the neck and sleeves
3) I hemmed the neck into a v. Then I hemmed the sleeves and gathered them with elastic thread. I know I do this a lot, but I LOVE it!
4) Then with the sleeves I cut several 1" strips. I sewed them all together to make one long strip.
5) Using elastic thread in the bobbin, I sewed them down the middle to make one long ruffle. I used my longest straight stitch setting.
6) I then pinned the ruffle into a design on the shirt. I was pretty random when I did them. I just did it until I thought it looked good. I sewed that onto the shirt.
7) Then I thought that I would put some on the bottom of the shirt, just for fun!
And now I have a fun red shirt!
I had some ruffle left over, so I made an onesie for my daughter to match.
Here's the front
And the back :)