It's time to starting thinking about Thanksgiving!! I love this time of year! I love being able to get together with family and celebrate and eat! :)
I have really enjoyed the pillow cases that I have been making, so I've decided to make a turkey one!
Here's how I made it:
1) I cut three pieces, one 18x18, one 10x18 and one 18x16
2) I took several pieces of ribbon. I cut them all 10" but I should have gone a little shorter
3) I took the ribbon and pinned them on my front fabric.
4) I sewed the ribbon onto the fabric
5) I cut several strips of brown knit fabric (knit doesn't fray!) and ruffled it with elastic thread in the bobbin. I then pinned it onto the ribbon.
6) I sewed the ruffles onto the fabric and continued going around.
This is what it looked when when I finished the body.
7) For the neck and head, I used a different color. I pinned it and sewed it.
Here's the head.
8) I glued some buttons and ribbon for the face.
9) I put a dab of glue on the ribbon on the ends, so they won't flop around. I pinned the ribbon to make sure that I didn't sew it into the pillow.
10) I hemmed the two back pieces and then placed them onto the turkey and sewed all four sides together.
And now I have a fun turkey pillow!!