I really like to make Christmas gifts each year. The only problem is, it gets harder and harder each year to come up with something to make for my parents and in-laws. Neither of them really need anything and both have limited wall space. So I wanted to make them something that is little and that they can use all year round. This is what I came up with, 4x4 tiles that are decorated for each month of the year.
This is how I made it:
1) I got all of my months designed in Silhouette Studio.
2) Then I divided the images up by color.
3) I cut out all of the different images with my CAMEO. This took forever! My machine was running for at least 3 hours straight. Next time, I don't think I'll use as intricate images and won't make 4 sets of them at the same time :)
4) I took some 4x4 tiles. I got mine at Home Depot for $.16 each.
5) Then I started applying the vinyl to the tiles. I used my Expressions Vinyl for this.
I continued to decorate all the tiles. Some had more details than others.
Phew.... they are done. I love how they turned out!
So here they all are. I'll tell you the month and colors of Expressions vinyl I used.
January: navy and silver. February: red and soft pink. March: Lime tree-green.
April: ice blue and maize. May: purple, soft pink and ice blue. June: yellow, gentian blue, red, lime tree-green, brown and black.
July: gentian blue and red. August: yellow, black, purple, and gentian blue. September: red, yellow, gentian blue, lime tree-green, black, light brown and soft pink.
October: black and orange. November: orange, maize, red, brown, light brown and black. December: silver, red and lime tree-green.
I stacked all of them together placing a piece of 4x4 paper in between so they don't rub.
I put them on a cute little easel and now I have a little decoration for each month of the year, because I had to make one for myself :)