Do you ever have a good idea and you have to create it right then! Well that happened to me with this dress. I was laying in bed on Sunday morning and was thinking about the usually crafty stuff that occupies my head and then I jumped out of bed and decided to make my baby a dress for church, that day. Luckily I used my ruffle fabric because you can make darling things, super quick! I made this dress in about 30-45 minutes and we weren't even late for church :).
This is how I made it:
1) I took my patterns from her other dress and cut out my pieces for the back. It was stretchy fabric, so I didn't need two pieces.
2) I made a v-neck front and I cut out the two pieces of fabric.
3) I put the two fronts together and sewed the top and sides. I should have hemmed the sides at this point but didn't....
4) I then made the bottom of the dress by cutting out two pieces of ruffle fabric 10"x12"
5) I put the two fronts together, making sure I matched up the ruffles and then sewed the sides.
6) I then put the bodice into the skirt and sewed them together.
7) I then hemmed the arms and neck.
Here's her cute dress.
She looked so cute in it. I quickly made a matching bow with the scraps.
I love this picture of my little boy. He just wanted to be in the pictures. I wish that I got his whole face, but I was trying to get a quick picture before church. You never know if there is going to be spit up or something else on the dress after church.