I have three boys and then my baby, a little girl :). Now that it's winter, I had to look for a coat for her. Then I saw that I had a little red jacket from my third boy. He barely used it, so I thought that I could use for her. The problem, whenever I put her in a "boy" color, people call her a boy. So I had to make it look girly and cute for her!!
This is how I made it:
1) I took the little red jacket.
2) Using my new CAMEO, I cut out the flowers out of the heat transfer vinyl. The settings I used were: 1 blade, 8 speed and 14 thickness. I used colors: apple green, silver, white and pink from Expressions Vinyl.
3) I used a flower that had a inner flower and then the outline. So I peeled out the inner flower.
4) The inner flower didn't have plastic with it. So I used the multi-use paper when I ironed it on.
5) I then started to layer the flower, using the multi use paper each time I ironed it.
6) Next I put on the outline of the flowers onto the jacket.
Here is all the flowers on it, so cute, huh?
I felt like it needed some bling, so I added some rhinestones to it. To do that, I used the rhinestone starter kit.
7) I cut out the blue specialty paper with my CAMEO. I set the blade to a 3 and the thickness of 33.
8) Next I peeled off the back and placed it onto the backer board.
9) I then filled it with the rhinestones.
10) I placed the transfer paper onto it and pressed hard to make sure that all of the rhinestones came up.
11) I then ironed the rhinestones onto the jacket. Using the wool setting, I ironed it for 45 seconds.
12) Then I ironed the inside of the jacket, to set the glue.
I made another flower for the other side. I used the same blue paper and transfer tape as the first one.
And now she has a super cute and girly jacket!
Hopefully no one will think that she is a boy in this..... oh maybe someone will because she has been wearing purple and pink and still gets mistaken as a boy.....
I loved how much my daughter's coat turned out, I decided to do the same thing to a jacket I found at Ross for $3 (it had a tiny whole that I covered up with the heat transfer).Craft Vinyl on mine and I love it!! Sometimes it's fun to sparkle :)