Happy Valentine's Day!!! I hope that you are feeling loved today and I hope that everyone has a super hot date tonight, I do! :)
Now that Valentine's Day is over and Easter is a month away, I can start working on somethings that I have wanted to do for awhile now. Like this dress, I have wanted to do this since October but I have been busy doing other crafts since then.
So this next month or so I'm going to try really hard to not spend any money on my crafts. I spent all of my spending money on the cruise, so I'm going to have to use what I have. We'll see what I come up with :)
Now onto this dress for my little girl.
This is how I made it:
1) I took a shirt (it was a size small in girls) and 1/2 yard of fabric.
2) I cut the sleeves
3) I made the sleeves shorter and the shoulder smaller.
4) I then made the shirt smaller, but I still made it A-line.
5) I put the sleeve into the hole, and then sewed the sleeves back on.
Here are the sleeves back onto the shirt.
6) The shirt was a little long, so I cut off the bottom.
Next for the pleats at the bottom.
7) I cut two strips, 5"x45"
8) I folded the fabric in half and ironed it.
9) Then I ironed the fabric to make pleats.
11) I then made another pleated strip (I cut the fabric 2"x45") for a flower. I sewed it onto the shirt.
12) I made a rosette with the extra shirt fabric and then glued it into the center.
13) I added a little tie in the middle.
And now she has a fun and comfy dress!!
Isn't she so cute?!