You've probably wondered if I was going to do a post with 2x4's... it's been awhile but of course I had to make some characters for spring!! I just love using wood, it's so cheap. Especially if you check out the clearance section, then you can get it for really cheap. I got a 6ft 2x4 for $.51!!
This year I decided not to put them outside, they got ruined last year. So instead I'm just putting them on my ledge in my family room.
Here is how I them:
1) For the butterfly, I cut a 2x2 to 8 inches and then painted it green. Using some felt (it was the stiff kind) I cut out wings. I glued the wings onto the 2x2.
2) Then I put a pipe cleaner on the top. I wanted to add a little color, so I punched out circles out of glitter paper and glued them to the wings.
And there are the butterflies, super easy!
3) For the bunny, I took some felt and wrapped it around the wood.
4) Then I cut out some ears. To make sure the felt didn't fall, I glued a popsicle stick to it. (Sorry for the blurry picture....)
5) I stapled the ears onto the wood and then decorated the face.
And there are the bunnies :)
6) For the duck, I used white felt and white feathers. I used felt instead of paint because I want it to have a fuzzy look under the feathers.
7) I wrapped the wood and then glued on feathers.
8) Then I added the face.
Super easy and super cheap!!!