Sunday, September 30, 2012
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Hello! How are you all this wonderful weekend?! Isn’t the weather so wonderful? I just love actually being able to play outside without being super hot! We’ve had a busy week over here. Here are a few highlights from our week
The biggest thing (pun intended) was we built a playground for our kids! We ordered it online and then we got to build it. The parks here are lacking. There is one in the little town where my boys go to school. We went to it this week and there isn’t even a slide! It’s really sad. So we needed something to have the kids get their energy out.
My husband did an amazing job on it. It took him a week to build and lots and lots of hours of hard work.
But in the end it’s all worth it, because these 4 kids LOVE it!
Yesterday was homecoming for our little town, so we headed over there for the festivities. The elementary school got to be in the parade, so that was so much fun for my boys!
Here are the kindergartners, they look so little.
And here are the 2nd graders, my son is pulling the wagon.
The weather was just perfect for it and we had a blast!
I hope that you are having a fabulous weekend!
Friday, September 28, 2012
- Buy ballpoint needles if you're going anywhere near knits for this.
- Pay attention to the width (the mm number; 4mm in the picture above). Some extra wide-set needles won't fit with the standard foot on vintage machines. I learned this the hard way.
- Leave loooooong tails when you start and stop sewing, and don't backstitch (see below)
- Set your machine to a long (if not the longest) stitch, and use the straight-stitch, not zig-zag
- Give your stitching a tug every 6 inches or so if you're doing a long hem to prevent puckering.
Thursday, September 27, 2012
This is what we did for the craft. D is for Dinosaur. I cut out a D and then let them make it into a dinosaur. I got the idea from here.
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
It's so easy and so yummy!
Let's keep in touch!