This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and U by Kotex but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #UbKKmart http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
One of my favorite things about being pregnant and nursing is that you don’t have to deal with your period. I seriously cannot stand periods, they just aren’t fun! This is how the last 10 years has gone for me: Been pregnant for 9 months, nurse for 9-12 months so I don’t have a period. Then I get one or two and get pregnant again. In the past ten years I have had probably 10, it’s been kinda nice. Well things are different now. I’m not planning on getting pregnant again and therefore I’m going to have to deal with my period.
This past week I had one as we were moving. Yup, the day before the truck came I started. Not great timing for me. Some days I just want to sleep the whole day or just lay down in the fetal position. I wouldn’t mind just disappearing for a couple of days. But that’s not going to happen. Not with my 5 kids. They won’t let me take a break. My life can’t be hold or just stop just because my body is going through it’s cycle.
So I decided that I need to make my period more bearable, and here are a few tips that helped me get through it, even when it was super stressful and busy time during my time of the month.
1) You need good protection. You need something that won’t leak. I have a heavy flow, some days I feel like I am peeing myself not stop, so I need something that can hold a lot because when I’m out and about, I can’t go to the bathroom every 10 minutes to see if I’m leaking or to change my pad. These U by Kotex are seriously amazing. They are so thin! Some pads I put on, I feel like I am wearing a diaper. These are not like that. And with the 3D capture core, they actually absorb a lot. It’s so nice to put one on and go about your business and not have to worry about it.
Exercising just makes me feel good. The programs that I do I have to move my body is lot of different directions, so you need coverage that will move with you. I can feel confident in my workout that I won’t have any problems and I can just get a good work out.
3) Sleep. It’s amazing how I act when I don’t get enough sleep. I become a zombie or a monster. Especially during my period. So getting good amount of sleep really makes it more bearable.
4) Ibuprofen. I get some pretty decent cramps, so I always like to have Ibuprofen on hand to help with that.
5) Make up. It’s amazing what a little make up can do to help you feel better. There is something about my cycle that makes me feel gross and smelly and icky. But when I get dressed in cute clothes and put on some make up, it’s helps a ton! Perfume would be good too, just do you don’t feel like people can smell you.
6) Chocolate. Seriously chocolate solves a lot of problems 🙂
7) Stay hydrated. I get bloated. I get very bloated, so drinking lots of water helps with that, which helps with my confidence and makes everything so much more bearable.
I got these awesome U by Kotex at Kmart. They seriously are great! I love the bright and fun colored packaging. You can get $3 off instantly when you buy 2 products and when you use your Kmart Shop Your Way Rewards card. If you have one, you should get into Kmart and take advantage of this deal. If you don’t have one, you really should get one, I gotten money back on purchases.
What kinds of things do you do to make your period more bearable?