Now that we know that we are having a girl, I really have started to make some fun things. My kids love those soft, plush blankets so much (so do I!). With my boys, each of them have certain colors. It got really hard to find a certain color with my 3rd son, so I just made them. Since he still loves those blankets and they haven’t fallen apart yet, I decided to make some for my little girl too.
This is how I made it.
1) I took brown and pink of the plush fabric. The brown piece was 28×25 inches and the pink was 12×25 inches
2) I then sewed the two together
3) I took some cute ribbon and sewed it onto the plush fabric
4) I then took a piece of satin material and laid it down face down. I then put the plush on top of it. The satin material was 5 inches longer and wider than the plush
5) I then folded the sides to make the border. I pinned it down and then sewed it using a straight stitch
6) I did both of the longs sides first
7) I then sewed the shorter sides
And just like that, you’re done. They are super easy but I love them!!
Here are a few more that I did. Can you tell that I like pink and brown 🙂