I have never really decorated for Thanksgiving before. I have decorated for fall, but not Thanksgiving. With Halloween and Christmas and then I have two birthdays in November, I just never get to it. This year, I decided to put up a few decorations. Here is a super easy turkey that I made and I just love how it turned out!
This is how I made it:
1) I took a some wood that I found at Hobby Lobby (I love living in a town with craft stores!!).
2) I painted both of them brown.
3) Next I cut out some vinyl from Expressions Vinyl for the face. I used light brown, black, orange and red.
4) Then I applied the words to the wood with transfer paper.
5) I had left over ribbon from my pillow, so I used that for the feather. I cut the ribbon 6″ and burned the edges so they won’t fray. I used a glue gun and glued them to the back of the wood.
6) I then used 2 strips of ribbon to hold the other piece of wood. I glued the ribbon into place.
And just like that, I have a super cute and inexpensive decoration for Thanksgiving!
I just used some of those photo squares to put it on the wall.