By now, you probably know that fall is my favorite season. The colors, the weather, the holiday season, I love it! It’s so fun to decorate for it too!
This is how I made it:
1) I took two pieces of fabric, both are 18″x18″.
2) Then with my Silhouette, I cut out the tree and leaves. For the tree, I used brown heat transfer vinyl from Expressions Vinyl.
3) I then ironed the tree onto the fabric.
4) Next I took the leaves. I used orange, green and yellow heat transfer vinyl. I placed the first layer down.
5) Next I used the mutli use paper (it’s sold in the same selection as the heat transfer paper). This is great to use when you have already taken off the plastic of the vinyl. It protects if from over heating and getting weird lines in it.
6) I ironed the leaves on, one layer at a time. Each time removing the plastic and then using the multi use paper.
7) Once I had all the leaves on the trees, I worked on the falling leaves.
8) I then put some words onto the pillow. I bought the saying from the Silhouette online store.
9) I love this colors, but I felt like they were a little too bright. I like muted colors for fall, so I took some brown paint and a toothbrush and speckled the whole pillow.
10) I then placed the two pieces of fabric together, with the front sides facing each other, and sewed together three of the sides, leaving the bottom open.
11) I turned it inside out and then put an old pillow in it and sewed up the bottom.
Now I have a fun fall pillow!!
Here is a close up of the tree and leaves. I love how the speckles look!