Hello crafters! My name is Magda E. from House of Estrela and I’m super excited to be guest posting with Kaysi today! I thank her for having me. I’m also super excited because this is the first time I am guest posting at all.
I tried to come up with something simple to share, and I thought about one of the frist things I’ve learnt when I was a little girl. And it is: how to make a ribbon rose. You can make them with any ribbon and the results are always pretty.
1. Make sure you have your favourite ribbon, or the one matching your future project.
2. Fold your ribbon in half, just like you see in the photo.
3. Then start putting one of the sides on top of the other, and then again.
4. Go on doing that until you’re left with a smaller tip.
5. The next step, is to hold your ribbon on the tip’s edge and let go of the rest of it. It will look like a braid.
6. Grab the smaller tip and gentle pull it. It will start forming your rose shape. You have to keep pulling until it is perfectly shaped.
8. I haven’t really finished mine, but you can either sew it, or use a glue gun to keep the flower petals in place. Now, you can use your roses in as many projects as you’d like.
Those are so pretty, love the ribbons! Thanks Magda!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.