For the longest time I have wanted to put little love notes in my son’s lunch box. I don’t know why I haven’t, but I forget all the time. Or I can’t find a pen or piece of cute paper (especially now, I think they are still in boxes!). So I came up with this idea. I used chalkboard vinyl so I can write a new message everyday. All I have to do is remember where I put the chalk 🙂
This is how I made it:
1) I decided to hand stitch around the vinyl, to make sure it stayed and for a little color and decoration. So I threaded a needle three times and then I put it though the lunch box.
2) I then put the thread through the chalkboard vinyl from Expressions Vinyl. Then I stuck it onto the lunch box. I just cut the 4″x4″ square with my paper cutter.
3) I hand stitched all around the chalkboard vinyl.
4) I tied the end of the thread and tuck it under the vinyl.
5) I wanted to add another little thing, so I added a vinyl apple. I used red and tree-lime green Expressions vinyl and cut it out with my Silhouette.
And that’s it. I just took some chalk and wrote a sweet message to my not-so-little boy!