I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.
It’s no secret that I LOVE M&M’s. One of my biggest posts involves them. I love how colorful they are and how many varieties there. I just love them. They are so great to use instead of chocolate chips because they really bring a dessert to life. You can make a cookie more colorful or turn them into Christmas cookies, just by using M&M’s. I wanted to make some fun and colorful blondies. These are will be great for any time of year but especially great for the holidays coming up :). Great to bring to class parties, family gatherings or just to eat at home.
I got the plain M&M’s from Walmart in the candy aisle. It’s great that they now have them in different sizes. I got the regular medium size. I especially love the plain M&M’s and peanut M&M’s.
This is what you’ll need:
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract (optional). *Only add this if you like almond extract, if you don’t omit it*
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1 cup plain M&M’s
Makes enough for an 8×8 pan (I 1 1/2 the recipe for my 8×10 pan).
1) Mix together the brown sugar and melted together until smooth.
2) Add egg, vanilla, salt and almond extract.
3) Add flour and M&M’s and mix.
4) Grease with butter an 8×8 or 8×10 and pour it into the pan.
5) Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick comes out clean.
What is your favorite #BakingIdeas using M&M’s? I would love to see them!
Right now there is an awesome Baking is Better with M Pinterest Sweepstakes going on for M&M’s
Pin for a chance to win one of three $250 Walmart gift cards! It’s as easy as submitting your email and pinning an image. Simply complete the following steps:
1. Enter your email in the form below and click “Enter”
2. Pin the contest image to any of your own Pinterest boards
3. Visit the Baking with M Pinterest board and Re-Pin your favorites to enter http://www.pinterest.com/cbsocially/baking-with-mms/
Three (3) Winners will be selected at random – One (1) entry per person.
Contest runs 12/06/13 – 12/31/13
I would love it if you followed along.