I saw this idea here and knew I wanted to make for one my daughter.
This is how I made the bubble skirt.
My little girl’s waist is 15″, so I doubled that and added 1″ for seam. I wanted the skirt to be 8″, so I doubled that and added 3 1/2″ for seam and elastic.
1) I cut my fabric 31″x191/2″
2) I folded the fabric together. Fold the 31″ in half. Then I sewed the seam together, leaving 3 inches at the top open (this will be where the elastic goes).
Here it is with the seam.
3) Next, I brought up the fabric up until is was 3 inches from the top.
4) Then I folded over the top 3 inches to make a hole for the elastic. I sewed it together, leaving the hole open.
5) I inserted the elastic and put it through the top. I use 14″ of elastic.
6) I then sewed the hole closed at the top.
And that’s it! Super easy and super cute!