Have you ever seen this ruffle fabric? Well it’s amazing stuff!!! You can have an awesome ruffle skirt without all the hard work of making ruffles!! And where do you get this awesome stuff, from Ruffle Fabric!! The fabric is 60″ wide, so you can do a lot of things with a yard!!
They have a ton of great colors!
Pink with white dots
They even have colored elastic!
The fabric is really easy to work with and because of the ruffles, it’s really forgiving! 🙂 It’s stretchy, so it makes great skirts!
I made this whole skirt and flower with just 1/2 yard of fabric.
This is how I made it:
1) I cut 2 pieces 18″x25″ and one piece 18″x10
2) Next I put the 10 inch piece face down onto another piece. I made sure that I aligned the ruffles and pinned it.
3) I then cut off part of the bottom, making a curve.
4) I pinned the two together, right side up and then sewed the two together, under a ruffle so that you wouldn’t see the seam.
5) Next I put the two big pieces together, front sides together, pinned and then sewed the sides together. I went in a little bit for the waist.
Here’s the skirt, almost done!
6) I folded the top 1/4 inch for the top and sewed it. It’s stretchy so I didn’t need elastic.
Here’s the top and now the skirt is done!!
For the flower:
1) I had some left over fabric from the skirt, so I cut the it into strips of one ruffle. Then I pinned it on some white felt.
2) Then I sewed the first layer and continued going around the circle to make the flower.
3) I didn’t want to ruin one of my shirts, so I glued some magnet strips onto the back of it and onto another piece of felt. I can put it anywhere on my shirt or even in my hair!
And just like that, I have a super cute outfit, prefect for spring!!