Do you have a fabric addiction? Well recently I have gotten one! Just in the past couple of months, I have been sewing more and more. I have been going out of my comfort zone and making some clothing for me and my daughter.
I wanted to get stocked up on some super cute fabric, and so I went to Stitches N’ Giggles!
They have a ton of super cute fabric!! I just loved all the unique colors of it. My favorite part is that they have bundles and sets that all match. I love being able to use more than one fabric and they match perfectly!
Here are just a few of the fabrics that they have:
This one is my favorite!
The fabric is a good quality too, it’s not cheap like the kind you get at Wal-Mart.
I really wanted to show off how cute their fabrics looked together. This is what I came up with:
a rag skirt using the Make Life Bundle.
This is how I made it:
1) I cut 10 strips. 5 for the front and 5 for the back. The top 3 were 5″x22″ the 4th one was 5″x23″ and the last one was 5″x36″. It was longer for the ruffle.
2) I then put the first two strips together, backs facing each other. Then I sewed them together, I sewed 3/8″ from the edge
This is what it should look like, the excess fabric is on the outside.
3) I continued to sew the fabrics together. Then for the last strip, I ruffled it before I sewed it on.
4) I did this for the other strips, so I had two sides
5) I put the fronts together and pinned them.
6) I wanted an A-line skirt, so I folded the skirt in half and then measured the top and bottom. To figure out the distance, measure your waist and divide it by 4. So my waist is 34″. That makes it 8.5″ I added 1/2″ for the seam and cut at 9″. For the bottom I was the total distance around to be 48″, so I divided that by 4 and got 12″ and added 1/2″ to get 12.5″. I pinned the skirt at the 9″ and 12.5″ and then made a line with my tape measurer and that was going to be the seam. I cut along the line.
Now it is an A-line shape.
7) I then sewed the sides together.
Now for the “rag” part of the skirt.
8)I cut the outside 3/8″ of each strip with scissors. I made the cuts 1/4″ apart.
9) I then took some elastic. This one is only 1″. I pinned it and sewed it on. I made the elastic the same length as the top strip, 34″
10) For the bottom, I used a zig zag stitch and went around the bottom to prevent fraying.
Aren’t the fabrics so cute together!! I love the bright yellow! I’m ready for spring! 🙂 Go check out Stitches N’ Giggles and see what you can make out of their awesome fabric!!
This is adorable! Loving the pattern and ruffle! Also I featured your circle skirt at my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/01/pink-hippo-party-lucky-13.html
Hope you grab your Pink Hippo !
Carrie @ Dittle Dattle
I LOVE this thanks for sharing it!
That is so cute! I think my daughter needs one! And you look great in yours! I hope you are feeling better!
So pretty – love your fabric combo!
how lovely 🙂
That's great! If you have not been by yet, make sure you enter my linky contest! The best of January 2011 will be showered with prizes! I also have some great Valentines giveaways going on right now!
Very cute!! Nice work!
Wow you are so crafty! I love all teh skirts and cute little things you make! Keep it up! thanks for sharing! 🙂
Moms of all Trades
SO cute this is deffinatly going in my craft bucket list! Thank you
Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com
this skirt is seriously adorable!! LOVE it! Thanks so much for coming and linking up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings!! Make sure to come by tomorrow for a giveaway!! 🙂
Katie @ EyeSpyDIY
How cute. I love the little pink and purple one!
Great idea! That purply-pink paisely is darling. :o) Thanks for sharing. New Follower who found you through PP's blog hop. Happy Thursday! :o)
Carrie at In the Hammock Blog
This is so fun! thanks for sharing how you made it!
This is so awesome! I love the spring feel of the colors and patterns.. and I am soo craving spring after being snowed on for days now in NJ! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!
Digg'n it! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!
This is adorable! I love how simple it was for you to make! Thansk for linking up!