It’s starting to getting warmer and time for some nice light meals. Here is a great salad from my friend that will actually work for the main dish!
Won Ton Salad
This is what you will need:
1 package won tons
lettuce (which ever you prefer, I used romaine)
1 cup diced green onions
2 cucumbers (optional)
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup of vegetable oil
1 Tbs salt
Prepare the dressing ahead of time, so it has time to cool.
1) Warm the rice vinegar and sugar on the stove, dissolving all the sugar.
2) Add oil, salt and pepper and heat until throughly mixed
For the salad
1) Fry won tons in 1/2″ or 1″ of oil until they are brown on both sides, drain on paper towels.
2) Add the rest of ingredients in salad bowl.
3) Crush won tons and add right before serving.