One day it was snowing outside. I’m from Wyoming, I’m used to snow but I still don’t like it. This time of year I just get antsy and want it to be spring. So that day, I decided to take down ALL of my winter decorations, even though it was in the very beginning of March. I’m ready for a change, I’m ready for something new. So I made myself some fresh new pillows for spring.
This is how I made them:
1) I got the butterflies from the dollar store, can you tell that I like them? I cut the fabric into 18″x18″, 18″x10″ and 18″x16″ pieces
2) I pinned the butterfly onto the fabric and sewed it on.
3) For the words, I got on my Silhouette Studio and rearranged the words to make a loop. I did each letter individually.
4) I grouped all the letters together (CTRL+G) and made it smaller and mirrored the image.
5) I cut out the words out of white heat transfer vinyl from Expressions Vinyl
6) I ironed the words onto the fabric
7) I then sewed the three pieces of fabric to make the pillow cover
8) I stuffed a pillow in there.
Here is a close up of the saying.
I made the other one the same way. I’ll probably have them on different couches, not together.
And here is the other saying.
So much brighter than winter stuff. Come on spring, I’m ready for you to be here!!