Christmas is coming fast and if you’re like me, you’ve been procrastinating…..
This year I had a hard time coming up with a neighbor gift for all of my close friends. I know that one common gift is a plate of goodies. So I thought why not give two gifts in one, a cute decorative plate and goodies!!
Here is how I made it:
1) I took a glass plate (I got mine from Walmart for $1.50) and some Christmas fabric. Then I cut out the fabric about 1 inch bigger than the glass plate
2) I then covered the plate with mod podge. I later learned that the mod podge dries quickly, so just cover the area you are working on for the letters
3) Place the letters onto the plate. Put another layer of mod podge over the plate. I cut the letters out of card stock using my Cricut
4) Cover the plate with the fabric. Make sure to press firmly and get all of the air bubbles out
5) Now it is time to trim the fabric
6) Now put some mod podge around the edge of the plate and push down the fabric, to make sure that no water get underneath the fabric
7) Put on last layer of mod podge over the fabric.
What a cute decorative plate!!
This is what I did for the gifts.
For this goody, I took pretzels, rolos and M&M’s. I baked the rolos onto the pretzels at 250 degrees for 4 minutes .
Don’t feel like making goodies?? I didn’t want to for all of the plates, so I took some Oreos and make a Christmas tree out of them!
**This plate can be washed, but it has to be hand washed and try not to get the back too wet**