A couple months back I saw a super cute pillow with a big flower on it, I have no clue where though. I looked at it and really liked it, but thought, I could never do that. Now that I have a little more confidence in my sewing, I thought that I would try one out and here is how it turned out.
This is how I made it:
For the flower:
1) I used three 4″ x45″ inch strips of brown fabric
2) I then ironed the strip in half
3) Next I measured 2″ and then folded the fabric over by about 1/4″ to 1/2″ and iron it to make a nice crease
4) I continued doing that all along the strip, measuring 2″ between each fold
5) When I finished, I sewed the bottom of the strip to make sure the folds didn’t come apart
6) I repeated steps 2-5 for the two more strips. I did 1 1/2″ between folds on one and on the other I did 1″ between folds. I then sewed all of them to make one long strip going from biggest to smallest.
7) I then centered the flower on the fabric. My pillow ended up being 18″x18″. I then pinned the strip into a circle. I made sure that the rest of the fabric would cover the inner circle before I sewed it. Then I sewed the first layer of the circle
8) I then pinned and sewed the next layer of the circle
9) I continued around the circle, sewing and pinning separately
This is what it looked like when I got to the center of the circle
10) I wanted a little something in the middle (to cover up my bad sewing :D), so I made a rosette out of ribbon and used a glue gun to glue it on
11) I then turned the fabric inside out and sewed up the sides, to make the pillow. Good thing no one will see the inside 🙂
12) I stuffed the fabric and just like that I have a cute pillow!!
Isn’t it much better than the one that I had before??