I made a cake stand awhile back and so I decided to make another one.
This time I thought that it would be fun to have the background of the plate be fabric.
Here is how I made it:
1) I took a clear plate and then cut a circle of fabric, about an inch bigger than the plate
2) I covered the back of the plate with mod podge
3) I then put the fabric, front facing the mod podge, onto the plate
4) Then I put another layer of mod podge all over the fabric
5) Cut the extra fabric off around the edges. Make sure that you really seal down the edges so water can’t get under the fabric
6) I actually put another layer of mod podge around the edge and then with my thumb sealed it all around
7) I then painted a candlestick brown and glued it to the plate (using an epoxy glue).
** The back of the plate isn’t water proof but it’s resistant. It won’t get damaged if it gets a little water on it, but it cannot be soaked in water. The front of the plate is just glass, you can wash that with soap and water. **
I’m linking this post to these parties