I’m going to try to decorate more for the holidays, well the holidays that I really like :). I’m going to attempt to make at least one pillow. I wanted to make it really easy to change the pillow out, so I made a pillow case to go over one of my old throw pillows.
This is how I made it:
1) The pillow that I am covering is 17″x17″. So I cut three pieces. The front one is 18 1/2″x 18 1/2″. The back two are going to overlap, so one is 18 1/2″x12″ and the other one is 18 1/2″x 10″
2) Next I cut out some heat transfer vinyl with my Silhouette. I used colors: purple, orange and silver from Expressions Vinyl
3) I ironed them onto the front piece of fabric.
Here is the design all ironed on
4) Next I took one of the backs pieces and then laid it onto the top piece, with the fronts together. Then I laid down the last piece. The two pieces overlap by about 6 inches.
5) I pinned it all together and then I sewed all four sides together.
6) I then stuff the pillow into the opening of the case.
And just like that I have a pillow for Halloween and I easily change it for the next holiday.