I found these pants at a garage sale for a $1. I picked them up because they are super soft. I took the pants and made something for myself and for my baby.
First I cut off the legs and made a pair of shorts for me. Super simple, took about 5 minutes.
And I made a little skirt for my little girl
This is how I made the skirt:
1) I cut the leg off and cut along the seam to open it up. I did that for both legs.
2) I then cut two pieces that were about 16″x 10″ for the bottom of the skirt. I then used some elastic thread and ruffled the top of the piece.
3) Next I cut two pieces that were 12″x4″. I then folded the top of it 1″ and sewed it. This is for the elastic, so made sure to leave an opening in the fold.
4) Next I sewed the two pieces together.
5) Then I sewed the front and back of the skirt together.
6) I made sure that I did not sew the top together on one side, this is where I inserted the elastic.
7) I put the elastic into the holes. I sewed one side but not the other side.
8) I wanted to make an adjustable waistband, so I put a button on the skirt and used more elastic and cut holes into it.
Here is the waist at it’s smallest. Lots of room to grow!
9) I then made a flower with the left over fabric.
And here is her cute skirt out a the legs of pants.
Isn’t she so cute in it?!