I finally decided to refashion 4 shirts, because I haven’t worn any of them for at least a year. I saw this cute skirt that Sew Fantastic made for her little girl and I wanted to make one for myself!
Does anyone else have a TON of clothes? I find that I collect clothes rather than wear them. I keep shirts that I wear only once every 5 months or so. Lately, I have wanted to get rid of some of them but at the same time I don’t want to. It’s a problem, I’m attached to my clothes…. I have a shirt from 8th grade just because I can’t get rid of it.
3) I cut the remaining shirts into 4″ strips
4) The strips weren’t long enough, so I sewed two together.
5) Using elastic thread, I made all the strips ruffles
6) Starting from the bottom, I put the ruffles on. The bottom layer went all around.
7) I then sewed the rest of the ruffles on. I only put them on the front because the back will be covered.
8) I then added some cute elastic to the top.
Now for the wrap
9) I used two different fabrics, so the wrap will reversible.
10) I cut the sides, 6″ from the bottom at an angle.
11) I then put the front together and sewed the two pieces together.
12) I then top stitched the wrap. (My craft room is in my laundry room…. like the sock).
Here is what the wrap
13) I put a button on each side of the wrap and then made a hole for the button.
Here is it buttoned up.
And now I have a wrap for my ruffle skirt!
I love that it’s reversible!