The past few weeks, my husband was in Utah starting his new job and the kids and I were left at home in Kansas. I decided to take the time to scrapbook in the evenings. I got quite a bit done, too bad I’m not even close to being caught up, but I’m closer! I’ve never done a tutorial on how I scrapbook, so I thought it would be fun to show you the process.
1) The first thing I do is print out some pictures. I printed 100 or so this time. Then I go through each set of pictures and pick out 2 or 3 colors I want to use and then I come up with ideas to scrapbook. I sketch all of them out in a notebook.
2) Since I don’t have to come up with an idea, I can start up immediately. I always start with a sidebar. I did grey and pink circles for this sidebar, that is what her shirt looks like and I love her shirt! I glued several circles onto the page.
3) Then did it on the other page. I put the pink ones here and there.
4) Next I do the title. I love using vinyl for the title! It is so much easier and quicker than card stock. Since Expressions Vinyl has so many colors, I can find one that matches perfectly! I cut the vinyl with my Silhouette and then placed it onto the page using clear contract paper and a stick.
5) Next I add the pictures. I usually cut my pictures so I can have several on a page. I try to have at least four on a page, but sometimes I just have three.
6) Once I have all of the pictures on, I then add a few embellishments. Sometimes I add several, sometimes not so many. It all depends on the mood I’m in :). I added two circle flowers to the pages.
7) I add some journaling and then I’m done! It looks so easy, why does it take so long? 🙂