I absolutely loved how my Halloween 2x4s turned out, so I decided to make some for fall/Thanksgiving. I love having something on the door step to great people when they come! I also made some for Christmas too.
This is how I made it:
1) I took a 2×4 and cut it into four pieces. The base was 14″ and the others were 8″, 9″, 10″. Did you know that you can get clearance would at Home Depot (probably at other stores too)? I got the wood for $1!
For the scarecrow
2) I painted the wood cream.
3) Then I added the face. I cut the face out of vinyl with my Silhouette. I used vinyl, in colors: carnation pink, white, black and nut brown.
4) Next I glued on some straw for the hair.
5) Then I glued on a hat. I got a little scarecrow from the dollar store and used the hat, I was too lazy to make one myself.
For the pumpkin:
For the turkey:
8) I painted the wood brownish… not sure what color it is
9) Then I added some vinyl. I used the colors: red, light brown, nut brown, black
10) Then I painted some craft sticks all different colors to make the feathers. I used the spoon kind because they had a little more flare than just regular sticks. I glued them into place and then stapled them.
For the base:
11) I painted the wood brown
12) Then I added the words with transfer paper. The color of the vinyl is nut brown.
13) I glued all of the pieces of wood onto the base and then screwed them together.