By now you should know that I love making pillows. I think when people come over they expect to see a different pillow every time. I realized that I didn’t have a pillow for Valentine’s Day, so I decided to make one real quick. I love the look of subway art, so I put it onto a pillow.
This is how I made it:
Using CRR, I got all of the words to the size that I wanted. These are the cartridges that I used (in order of the words): Rock princess, doodletype, DC Comics: Batman, Simply sweet, Alphalicious, Don Juan and Cursive 101. Once I got my words all arranged, I flipped the images horizontally.
Using my Expressions 2, I cut out the words.
I started with the glitter heat transfer, I put the plastic (shiny side) down on the mat and then used pressure 4 and depth 4 to cut it.
For the smooth red heat transfer, I used pressure 3 and depth 3.
I weeded out all of the excess.
For the pillow’s front, I cut a piece of fabric that was 18×18 inches.
I arranged the words onto the fabric.
Then I ironed on the words. The glitter heat transfer takes a little bit longer, so I made sure to iron it longer than the red but not to over heat the red, it gets all messed up and wrinkly if it’s too hot. Then once it cooled, I peeled off the plastic.
Once I was done ironing, I put that aside and worked on the back of the pillow. I wanted it to be a pillow case, so I can just slip it onto one of my existing pillows, so I cut two pieces, one 12×18 and the other 13×18.
I hemmed one side of each of the pieces.
Then I placed the two pieces over the front piece, making the words face up. I pinned it and sewed all 4 sides together.
I flipped it inside out and now I have a fun pillow cover.
I stuffed my pillow into it.
And that’s it! I love how it looks, especially that glitter heat transfer!