I saw this idea on Groop Dealz one day and I knew that I had to make it! We don’t have very much wall space in our kitchen, so I couldn’t put up my tile. I use chalkboard vinyl from Expressions Vinyl but you could use the dry erase vinyl too. I just didn’t trust myself with a marker by the fridge, especially since we are renting.
This is how I made it:
1) I took the chalkboard vinyl and cut it into 4″x4″ squares
2) I made eight of them. One will be for notes
3) I took a corner rounder punch and rounded the edges
4) I then put the chalkboard vinyl and put it on the fridge.
I made two rows.
5) Next I cut out some Expressions Vinyl with my Silhouette. I used colors: olive, maize and white.
6) I put all of the days of the week on the fridge. As I was doing it, I realized that the week starts with Sunday, not Monday. Oops. I guess that is when it starts to me :). I used transfer paper to do this (don’t use contact paper, it’s too sticky and takes off the paint).
7) I wanted to add some little flowers, so I put some on the fridge.
Pretty fun, huh?
Take some chalk and plan your menu! I’m good at planning my menu, I’m not so good at sticking with it! 🙂
I’ve had this up for 6 weeks now and it’s still doing great! The chalkboard vinyl is awesome!!