By now you have probably realized that I love to make pillows for the seasons. They are so easy and so fun to make. Plus I usually have everything on hand to just make one. Like this Easter pillow, I finally got to use some fabric that I bought on clearance a few years ago. It’s nice to finally use my fabric (so then I can go buy some cuter stuff :D).
This is how I made it:
1) For the ruffled eggs, I got the idea here. I cut several strips of fabric 1″ thick
2) I zig zagged the edges and then ruffled them.
3) Using regular fabric interfacing, I carefully ironed the ruffles onto the paper.
4) Then I sewed all the ruffles onto the paper.
5) On the back, I drew the shape of the egg (it’s that pink egg looking thing) and then I cut it out.
6) For the other eggs, I got out 3″ strips of fabric.
7) I sewed them together, having the seams be on the outside.
8) I ironed it onto the fabric interfacing and then cut it out like an egg.
9) I ironed all of the eggs onto my fabric.
10) Then using my zig zag stitch, I sewed all around the eggs. I then cut the outside seams of the every 1/2 inch.
11) I got the fabric wet and then stuck it in the dryer, so make the edges fray and curl, giving it a raggy look.
12) Using my trusty CAMEO, I cut out some letters out of flocked heat transfer vinyl.
13) I ironed it on and then added a little egg for the o of Hoppy. I just use some ric rac to decorate the egg a little bit.
14) I then sewed around that egg.
15) I then put the back onto my pillow and sewed the sides.
And now I have a fun and festive Easter pillow!!
Here’s a close up of the eggs, aren’t they so much fun?! I’m thinking about doing this to a shirt for my daughter 🙂