One day I was garage sale-ing and I found this satin robe for $.50. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it, make a cute skirt for my little girl. And so I did just that!
This is how I made it
1) I took the robe and cut it into several different pieces. I cut 4 strips that were 4″x10″, they will be for the inside of the skirt (I’m going to call these flat pieces) and then 4 strips (it actually ends up being 6) for the ruffles. Not sure why I didn’t take a picture of them all…. sorry.
2) I cut four pieces. The two lace pieces were 5″x14″ and the other two were 5″ x 20″, these two ended up being cut in half to make 6 ruffles altogether. Using elastic thread, I made ruffles.
3) I then took one of the flat pieces and one of the bottom ruffles and sewed them together, fronts facing each other.
4) I then placed another ruffle directly on top of the flat piece and sewed it on.
As you can see, each ruffle has a flat piece underneath connecting the whole skirt together.
5) Next I took another flat piece and sewed it onto the top of the second ruffle.
6) Then I sewed the last ruffle onto of the flat piece. I did this for both sides and then sewed up the sides.
7) I then added some cute elastic.
For the onesie and clip, I singed the edges for several different sized circles and then sewed it onto the shirt. Doesn’t my little girl look so cute in it?!
Sorry about this tutorial. I guess when I was making it, I was in a hurry and didn’t take as many pictures that I should have. I was just making it up as I went along. I hope that this makes sense, and if it doesn’t, I’m sorry!