My oldest son is about to lose his front teeth. I’ve seen lots of people make little pillows, so I thought that I would make him and my other son one. They are very simple and I just used what I had on hand.
For these pillows, I used Expressions Vinyl t-shirt vinyl. They have some really fun colors!
This is how I made them:
1) I found two images, one of a tooth and the other smiley faces.
2) I didn’t want all of the faces, so I used the ungroup button (CTRL+U) and then deleted all but the one. To get the circle off, I had to use the release compound path button (under object). Once I deleted the circle, I used the group button (CTRIL+G).
3) I moved the face to where I wanted and adjusted the tooth. I then cut it out of my Expressions Vinyl flocked white t-shirt vinyl.
4) Then for the names, I mirrored the images.
5) I put both of the red and sky blue t-shirt vinyl onto the mat and cut it with usually settings for heat transfer paper.
6) I took off the excess paper and then ironed the words onto a sheet of felt. I ironed it for about 45 seconds.
7) I did the same thing for the pocket.
8) I then sewed some ribbon onto the three sides of the pocket.
9) I pinned and sewed the pocket onto the felt.
10) I folded the felt in half and sewed three sides together
11) I then added some stuffing and then sewed the last side shut.
And now my boys have little tooth pillows.