When we moved to Utah, we decided to rent a house instead of buying one. It’s really hard to have a house and not be able to paint. You all know that I love color, so I needed a way to put some color on the walls! Vinyl came to the rescue! I love it because I can get some color without it being permanent! Here is what I did in my daughter’s nursery
This is how I made it:
1) I took an image from the Silhouette online store. I used CTRL+U and to separate the flowers from the stems.
2) I then made the stems bigger. The biggest one was about 24″. I cut out two sheets of tree-lime green of Expressions Vinyl
3) Then I made some flowers. I cut out these flowers in my Expressions Vinyl, in colors ice blue, white and brown.
4) I removed all of the excess vinyl
5) I started with the stems. I used transfer paper and put it onto the wall. I used a lever to make sure that I putting it up straight.
6) I put up all of the stems.
7) Now for the flowers. I tried to have every flower have the different colors. I rubbed on the outside of the flower.
8) For the inside, I wanted to have the circle of dots. So I cut a smaller piece of transfer and rubbed off the dots.
9) I then put that inside of the flower. It took a lot of time, so only one flower got this. Good thing I put it in the middle so everyone can see it!
10) I finished putting up all of the flowers.
And just like that I have some color in her room. And I love it!!!