The holidays are coming and so that means it’s time for baking!! One of my favorite things to do this time of year is to make festive and fun treats with and for my kids! We always have a blast when we do it together. We made these fun little reindeer cookie dough truffles together and the kids had so much fun making and eating them! They all were so excited to use cookie dough in them because they all LOVE cookie dough!
I headed to Walmart to pick up the ingredients. I used these Betty Crocker cookies mixes because they are just so much easier than cooking from scratch and they still taste amazing.
I picked up two kinds, the Chocolate Chip and the Sugar Cookie. It never hurts to have a couple extra in my pantry so when we want to make cookies, I can just grab it from the pantry and make it :).
This is what you’ll need for the reindeer cookie dough truffles:
1 stick of butter (softened)
2 TBSP water
2 cups chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1/2 can of sweetened condense milk
1) Follow the instructions on the package to mix the cookies but instead of using an egg, use 2 TBSP of water.
2) Roll the dough into balls in your hands and place onto wax paper. I put cooking spray on my hands to help it not stick to my hands. Freeze for 20 minutes.
3) Get the other ingredients ready. Cook the chocolate chips and condense milk on the stove, stirring constantly until smooth and creamy.
4) Dip the cookie dough into the chocolate and then place onto wax paper. Then decorate it to look like a reindeer.
5) Put into the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
And that’s it!! Aren’t they so much fun?
They taste just as good as they look! They are super yummy!
The pretzels, chocolate and cookie dough all go together sooooo well. I could have eaten all of these, but I decided to share with my kids since they did help make them :).
These would be a fun little treat for neighbors, teachers or just your family. Either way, they so much fun and oh so yummy!
These Betty Crocker cookie mixes are great to just have in your pantry and to have on hand during the holiday season. They would make a super fun neighbor gift, you get one of the mixes and add a spatula or a baking mat and tie up together with cute ribbon or twine and you have a super easy gift that everyone will love!