Last Easter I went all out and made something for everyone in the family. This year, I decided to just make something for myself :). I have no clue how I decided to make a skirt like this. I was just thinking one day and the idea hit me. I liked it so much that I went to the store that day to get the fabric and starting making the skirt the same day.
This is how I made it:
1) I took my knit fabric (I chose knit because it doesn’t fray). I cut it into two pieces, 20″x24″.
2) I sewed the two pieces together to form the skirt.
3) Next comes the petals. I cut out 6″x6″. Lots and lots of squares.
4) I folded the squares in half and then half again. Then I cut out the petal (it’s a circle folded up). I cut out more than 180 petals…..
5) Then I pinned on the bottom row of the petals and sewed the tips of them.
6) I then put on another row of petals and sewed that on.
7) I continued working up the skirt. This took awhile…..
8)Once I got to the top, I put on some super cute elastic.
And now my Easter skirt is done!!!
And this is what I wore it with on Easter.
And a close up