My little girl is starting to grow too fast. She is a little thing, but she has long limbs (like me).
This shirt is getting too small. The shirt fits around her but the arms are too short and it’s a little short. Her cute little belly hangs out when I put it on her.
It’s such a great color, so I decided to turn it into a dress. And yes she is yelling at me in the picture…. when did my sweet baby turn into a sassy toddler?
This is how I made it:
1) I took some knit fabric and cut three strips 4″x22″
2) Then I cut four strips that were 4″x45″ and then made them ruffles. I made the ruffles by sewing a straight line on the top of the fabric. I used my longest setting (my was a 4) and then I pulled the bobbin thread to gather the fabric.
3) I pinned 3 ruffles onto the straight strips.
4) I sewed them together at the top.
5) Then I sewed the strip into a circle.
I had to sew the ruffle together separately, so it wouldn’t be a part of the seam when I put them together.
6) I then sewed the rows together.
Here are the three rows sewn together.
7) I then sewed the very last ruffle onto the skirt.
8) Next I cut the shirt. I should have cut it 1 or 2 inches more.
9) I then sewed the skirt onto the shirt.
And now her cute shirt is a cute dress
And here is my little sassy girl modeling it for me. She would not smile, all I got was tongue….
Or yelling…. silly girl!