I have three boys and then my baby, a little girl :). Now that it’s winter, I had to look for a coat for her. Then I saw that I had a little red jacket from my third boy. He barely used it, so I thought that I could use for her. The problem, whenever I put her in a “boy” color, people call her a boy. So I had to make it look girly and cute for her!!
This is how I made it:
1) I took the little red jacket.
2) Using my new CAMEO, I cut out the flowers out of the heat transfer vinyl. The settings I used were: 1 blade, 8 speed and 14 thickness. I used colors: apple green, silver, white and pink from Expressions Vinyl.
3) I used a flower that had a inner flower and then the outline. So I peeled out the inner flower.
4) The inner flower didn’t have plastic with it. So I used the multi-use paper when I ironed it on.
5) I then started to layer the flower, using the multi use paper each time I ironed it.
6) Next I put on the outline of the flowers onto the jacket.
Here is all the flowers on it, so cute, huh?
I felt like it needed some bling, so I added some rhinestones to it. To do that, I used the rhinestone starter kit.
7) I cut out the blue specialty paper with my CAMEO. I set the blade to a 3 and the thickness of 33.
8) Next I peeled off the back and placed it onto the backer board.
9) I then filled it with the rhinestones.
10) I placed the transfer paper onto it and pressed hard to make sure that all of the rhinestones came up.
11) I then ironed the rhinestones onto the jacket. Using the wool setting, I ironed it for 45 seconds.
12) Then I ironed the inside of the jacket, to set the glue.
I made another flower for the other side. I used the same blue paper and transfer tape as the first one.
And now she has a super cute and girly jacket!
Hopefully no one will think that she is a boy in this….. oh maybe someone will because she has been wearing purple and pink and still gets mistaken as a boy…..
I loved how much my daughter’s coat turned out, I decided to do the same thing to a jacket I found at Ross for $3 (it had a tiny whole that I covered up with the heat transfer).
I used glitter heat transfer from Craft Vinyl on mine and I love it!! Sometimes it’s fun to sparkle 🙂
If I had a Cameo I would never do ANYTHING else. So cute! I'm a new follower from http://www.lifestylesofthestayathomemom.com
" me "
well done ! beautiful result !
What darling redos! Scoring a cheap jacket and covering a hole with cute flowers, making it even cuter, is genius. This would work on my kids' stained sweatshirts, as well. Great idea.
Cute cute! The baby's jacket looks like one from Osh Kosh!!
This is adorable!